As admin or moderator of an organization you can create and manage vacancies. As a member of an organization, this is not possible. Are you a member of an organization and would like to create a vacancy or event? Contact one of the admins of the organization. He or she can promote you to moderator so you can get started.
How do I publish a vacancy?
- Go to the organization page
- Press on the "Vacancies" tab
- Press on the button “+Add Vacancy" (can't see the button? Make sure you've verified your email address. You have received an email about this from us. Verified your email address but still don't see the button? Contact the moderator of your organization).
- You should now see a page "Create a vacancy”:
- Come up with a short and clear title for your vacancy or event. Try to use the sentence to convey an actionable message.
- Press on the "Pick or drag a photo"-field
- Select a photo that fits your vacancy or event
- If no image is selected, the cover photo of your organization page will automatically be used for your vacancy or event
- Note: Try to use images that convey what the volunteer can expect from the activity and aim at using multiple different images for each individual vacancy. Imagery plays an important role in the volunteer's online search for volunteering activities.
About this opportunity
- This is where you'll be able to say more about your vacancy or event
- Describe in the best possible manner what / who you are looking for and what volunteers can expect
- Tip: have someone from outside of your organization read over the description and ask them for their honest opinion. Is the vacancy easy to read? Is it inspiring and motivating? Is it too long or too short? This way you'll get a good understanding of how people who are not yet familiar with your organization react to the description.
- At the top of the text field you'll find a number of options to edit your description. Here you'll be able to edit the format and text, insert links, images, and videos.
When and where
Date and time
Where the activity or event will take place
- Start typing the address and select the exact address from the list
- If needed, add the name of a building or other clarification
Tags are keywords, categories, activities, and interests, used by volunteers to find suitable volunteering activities! Make sure you select only the most-relevant tags. There is no use in selecting tags that do not match the vacancy as this will only deteriorate the volunteer's experience.
- Select the activities that most-adequately describe what the volunteer can expect
- Select the skills a volunteer should possess to successfully fill the vacancy
Aanmelding bedank bericht
- This is a standard message that volunteers will receive upon applying for your vacancy
- This is the person within your organization that owns the vacancy. All of the applications will end up with this person.
Who can apply?
- Select “Anyone” if the vacancy or event is accessible for all applications
- Selecteer “Only members of this organization” if you only wish to receive applications from members of your organization. This will also make the vacancy invisible for public searches.
Number of volunteers needed
- Indicate a maximum number of applications you wish to receive. The vacancy will automatically be marked as "Filled" when this number has been reached.
Add a custom form / How do I add a survey or form to the application form of a vacancy or event?
To gather more information about volunteers that sign up to your vacancy you can use the form feature. The form will be integrated into the application process.
- Press on "Learn more or create a form here"
- Press on “+ Add form"
- Once you've created a form you'll be able to select it from the drop-down menu
Suitable for groups / How do I indicate that my vacancy is suitable for groups of volunteers?
- Is your vacancy suitable for groups of volunteers? Mark the checkbox
Suitable for non-native speakers / How do I indicate that my vacancy is suitable for non-Native speakers?
- Is your vacancy suitable for someone who does not speak Dutch? Mark the checkbox
- Press on the "Publish" button to make your vacancy directly visible in the search for volunteers. Note: You cannot publish any vacancies if your organization has not yet been verified by the site admin.
- Would you like to save the vacancy without publishing. For example, if you haven't yet entered all of the required fields of information? Press "Save draft"